posted August 29, 2010 in Advertising & Marketing | Dallas Search Engine Marketing | Google Advertising Tips & Secrets | Ideas
What is needed for corporate social media integration?
Here are my thoughts on social media and corporations.
Know your Goals:
- What are your goals? Sales?
- How realistic are your goals?
Know your audience:
- Don’t be phony.
- Transparency rocks!
- If you social media department doesn’t have a clue “How to win friends and influence people,” you won’t succeed at social. You can’t fake the funk!
- You can’t manage what you can’t measure.
- Don’t worry about the numbers. If you spend two years in social media, and have not monetized the effort, then you can re-evaluate the need for social media.
Reputation Management is in the Social Media Department!
- Don’t forget to follow-up online with information on how you resolved things offline. Just because you repaired a problem.
- Keep negative comments off the first page of Google (and other search engines) with SEO.
PR Assault……Should have been done yesterday!
- It doesn’t have to be perfected within before you begin!
- It doesn’t take more expense than time and guidance from an expert
PreEmptive Strikes are great social media tactics:
- Social media is not just reputation or crisis management and marketing sales communications
- Create non company accounts and find your promoters or reputation “protectors,” those that defend your brand.
Make Sure Your CEO is 100% on Board:
- Don’t trust social media to interns. That should make your CEO comfortable.
- Get someone who has the trust of the CEO or board of directors to be a social media department head.
- If you have to have a meeting before responding online at every social interaction, you might want to reconsider your policy.
- Employees respond stupidly in front of customers, don’t freak out if they respond or say something stupid online. It will happen. Who Owns Social Media?
- Trusted employees, policy department, fast-paced communications departments that has speed and agility, marketing comunications or public relations. Ability to quickly communicate to other departments.
- Social media interaction can not be outsourced.
- Email is social media. Schedule your emails. Don’t miss deadlines. Be granular about it.
Where Does Social Media Marketing Take Place?
- Email subscription lists
- Public Relations
- Press Releases
- Events Offline
*Just Remember: Brands don’t communicate with people, people do. Social media is about interacting, your company’s brand with the community!